Friday, March 4, 2011

Uplifting


The image is not new
It's from June 2008

Take a look at Sedona, AZ from the seat of a biplane

For my birthday Dave bought us both a seat in this incredible machine
How's that for a birthday treat!?

Occasionally, but not often enough
I dream of flying
and I DO

High and gracefully
looping
diving
soaring
unencumbered by earth's boundaries
or gravity

I take special delight when ground bound folk see me
stare, mouths agape
with wonder
disbelief
astonishment

Rather naughty of me I know
But ..... ya' know ;-)

I think the biplane must have been invented with someone who had the same dream
And couldn't bear to wake up
So he (or she) brought the dream to "this side"

Thank goodness for dreamers who are also doers!!

And thank goodness for having a man in my life who knows what to do when my world seems a little to small 
And the need to "fly" becomes overwhelming

Airplanes
Motorcycles
Quads

Ah yes
Life truly IS a ride ...

If you're really lucky
You meet someone who will ride beside you
Not in front of you
Not behind you
But
Beside you

Ride On!!!


1 comment:

  1. 'CAUSE I'M AS FREE AS A BIRD NOW...
    AND THIS BIRD YOU CAN NOT CHANGE...
    LYNARD SKINNARD (not me)

    hugs ,
    a

    ReplyDelete