Sunday, March 20, 2011

SNAKE!!!

Sometimes when I am hiking, there are rewards that not only meet my expectations but, reach well beyond them.
Pushing my burning quads to heft me up just one more rock, just another quarter mile.
The things that push me? 
The unexpected.
Jumping into that ravine and turning my head to see that I have just landed into some ancient dwelling.
Coming out of the trees and standing under a rock shelf to see art work done long before there were cities and traffic lights.
They tell the stories of families that lived here, how they communicated and what was important.
This photo was taken a few days ago.
A rattle snake...you can see his rattle shaking at the end of his tale.
Fascinating! 
What a intriguing way to tell a story....
Looking at this...no words needed.

~amy

No comments:

Post a Comment