Monday, February 28, 2011

MAKING UP FOR TIME...#2

I do not like snow. My beautiful blog mate Miss Becky, does not like snow. However, there are times when something magical just happens and you can not deny it's inevitable beauty. I have been at the Grand Canyon after a snow, pretty but, very cold. There was something special happening this weekend as I walked to the rim completely covered in precious white flakes, The soft quiet that comes in it's collection at your feet and amongst the trees. There was excitement and laughter, bundling layers of clothing and wanting too. We walked along the rim for more than an hour and then back again at the end of the day. It never stopped and there was even a small twinge of happiness at the thought of possibly being snowed in for another day. Can you even imagine, snowed in at the Grand Canyon. I crossed my fingers, all rational thought given way to childish pleasures.

~amy

No comments:

Post a Comment