Thursday, February 17, 2011

FREEDOM

This is "Norm". 
Named after the "norm" setting on the air conditioner dial.
We have had many adventures together.
Sometimes he insists on taking a break. Damn, that just really gets me bent sometimes. You know what he does...ya, right...he brakes down!
So far he hasn't cost me a lot of money, just a lot of time.
He is solid though, made of metal. Takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I get really excited when he tells me to kick it into 4 wheel drive!
The best thing about Norm...he brings me freedom. Gets me into all those places I want to go and then some.
He doesn't even mind when we road trip it and I am singing at the top of my lungs to Tom Waits or Keb Mo.
He knows I can't sing but, he likes the road as much as I do and the wind blowin past us.
I knew a woman once, she was in her 90's...she said the hardest and most difficult thing to ever happen to her in her lifetime was when they took her licence and car away...she was 87 when that happened...I hope I am that old and am aware enough to feel the same way.

1 comment:

  1. Norm, I'd say you're HOT, but it's NOT a good thing when you're HOT...so just be KOOL OK????

    ReplyDelete