Thursday, April 7, 2011

WILD BURROS...OH MY!


My last few posts have been from my recent work week travels.
This will be last from this trip (I think), but I really wanted to share it...
On our way down Diamond Creek we encountered four wild burros.
The first photo reveals all of them...the dark one having created quite a ruckus on his way down to the rest of the group.
He apparently had been fighting for a female (those were the days, eh?), his nose was ripped and he had been bitten more than once (and twice shy), he seemed to have a lot to say...
The light colored buck skin ( a female) showed signs of having once been caught and haltered
Now an escapee...some things you just can't cage...
She still wears the haltered that is now tight and embedded into her skin, she is old and seems to wear it like a badge of courage...Bravo Girl!!!
Of course last but, certainly not least...
The Momma and baby...
Like they had just walked out of a story book...Brighty?
These two actually approached to my window...I thought about it for a second before giving in to better judgement and rolling the window up as Momma stuck her nose in....I hated to do it!
The final photo is the baby...four or five months old...and healthy as well you can see
This fine baby burro showed off a little for us by running around his Momma and throwing his back feet up into the air and then coming back around to look in the window...like it was checking to see if I had noticed
I had...

~amy

3 comments: